Travel to Notre Dame
Directions: Please visit the Notre Dame website for detailed travel information.
Parking: During regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 7a.m. - 4p.m.), visitors must purchase a permit at a pay station (credit cards only). The permit must be displayed face up on the driver's side of the vehicle's dashboard, so it is visible to parking enforcement staff.
The primary Visitor Lot is located on the east side of the Walsh Family Hall of Architecture (currently under construction). The only entrance to the Visitor Lot is off of Holy Cross Drive. Just inside the lot, there is a parking pay station to the right (the NW corner of the lot). Additional visitor parking areas are located in the Joyce, Compton and the Baseball Lot.
Pay stations to accommodate these areas are located in the Compton Lot (near the bus shelter off of Holy Cross Drive) and in the Joyce Lot (just south of the entrance to Purcell Pavilion). Please click here to see a map showing the location of the pay stations and shuttle routes.
If parking reaches capacity in these lots, the permits from any of the pay stations will allow guests or visitors to park in the Dorr Road, Lake or Bulla Student Lots. The permits are valid for non-reserved parking spaces only.
No permit is required outside of regular business hours and on holidays.
Links of Interest
Please select one of the following:
- Driving directions to Notre Dame
- Notre Dame Campus Map (using Google Maps)
- Live webcams
- Local weather
- Virtual tour of Notre Dame's campus
- Campus Crossroads Project (construction project which resulted in the construction of Duncan Student Center)
- Notre Dame Security Police (Parking Services - 574-631-5555)
- Morris Inn Notre Dame Ave., Notre Dame 574-631-2000 On-campus
- Inn at Saint Mary’s 53993 Indiana State Rte. 933 South Bend 574-232-4000 or 800-947-8627 Travel time to campus: 5 minutes
- Ivy Court Inn & Suites 1404 Ivy Court, South Bend 574-277-6500 Travel time to campus: 5 minutes
Fairfield Inn & Suites South Bend at Notre Dame 1220 East Angela Blvd., South Bend 574-273-2202 Travel time to campus: 5 minutes
- Hampton Inn & Suites 52709 US 31 N., South Bend 574-277-9373 or 800-HAMPTON Travel time to campus: 10 minutes
- Holiday Inn Express 120 Dixie Way North, US 933 N., South Bend 574-968-8080 or 800-315-2621 Travel time to campus: 10 minutes
Residence Inn by Marriott 716 N. Niles Ave., South Bend 574-289-5555 or 800-331-3131 Travel time to campus: 10 minutes
- Comfort Suites 52939 US 933, South Bend 574-272-1500 Travel time to campus: 15 minutes
- DoubleTree by Hilton 123 N. St. Joseph St., South Bend 574-234-2000 Travel time to campus: 15 minutes
Hilton Garden Inn 53995 Indiana State Route 933, South Bend 574-232-7700 or 800-947-8627 Travel time to campus: 15 minutes
- Courtyard by Marriott - South Bend/Mishawaka 4825 N. Main St., Mishawaka 574-273-9900 Travel time to campus: 20 minutes
- Hyatt Place 215 W. Day Road, Mishawaka 574-258-7777 Travel time to campus: 20 minutes
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott 5225 Edison Lakes Parkway, Mishawaka 574-271-0832 or 888-287-9400 Travel time to campus: 20 minutes
- Varsity Clubs of America 3800 N. Main St., Mishawaka 574-277-0500 or 800-521-3131 Travel time to campus: 20 minutes