Our world-class interview center offers a welcoming and professional environment to meet our students
The Meruelo Family Center for Career Development, located on the 5th floor of Duncan Student Center, coordinates all on-campus recruiting for undergraduate & graduate students through Handshake. Our recruiting program includes:
- posting positions
- processing interview schedule requests
- candidate screening and selection
- viewing final interview schedules
Our world-class interview center can facilitate your interview experience both in person and virtually. Our center offers 8 virtual interview rooms with computers and phones so that you can interview students even if you don't make it to campus.
In addition to offering free rooms for interviews, our staff is available to assist you with coordinating information sessions and special events in some of Notre Dame's most coveted premium spaces.
Overview of a Typical Recruiting Day
Our interview center is located on the 5th floor of Duncan Student Center. Our Guest Services Coordinators serve as receptionists on the 5th floor (one at each end of the building near the elevators). Our coordinators are typically available beginning as early as 7:00 a.m. and they can be reached at 574-631-5200.
Recruiters typically offer interviews from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with an hour lunch break. Our interview rooms are available until 11:00 p.m. on most weeknights. Recruiters are welcome to offer interviews in the evening or use our rooms for other work purposes. Printed interview packets will be presented to you upon arrival unless you have notified us that your recruiting team has chosen to print these on your own.
Notre Dame observes Eastern Time, including Daylight Saving Time. We are always on the same time as New York City (and always one hour ahead of Chicago).
The Meruelo Family Center for Career Development is located on the entire 5th floor of Duncan Student Center. Duncan is one of three buildings surrounding Notre Dame Stadium -- Duncan is located on the west side of the stadium (left side of the stadium as you are walking from the visitors parking lot). Parking is available for pay in the visitor's lot located 300 yards south of the stadium. If you are conducting on-campus interviews you will receive a parking code with your email reminder. For a parking map and driving directions, visit our travel page.
Recruiters are encouraged to arrive on the 5th floor at least 15 minutes before the first interview is scheduled to start. Our Guest Services Coordinators will greet you and serve as your main point of contact should you need anything throughout the day. Each recruiter is asked to bring business cards. Our room signage offers a convenient way to display your business card outside of your designated interview room.
We are pleased to offer a dedicated lounge space for you to take a break from your interviews. Our lounge offers cable TV and access to a refrigerator and microwave. Our kitchen will be stocked with complimentary snacks, as well as an assortment of beverages.
While we offer complimentary beverages and snacks in our Employer Lounge, employers are responsible for their own meals. Notre Dame offers a variety of dining options on campus and within a 15 minute walk from campus. Our Guest Services Coordinators can help you place an order for delivery from local eateries.
- Three eateries are conveniently located on the first floor of Duncan Student Center:
- Hagerty Family Cafe - coffee, smoothies, gelato, pastries
- Modern Market - sandwiches, salads, pizza
- Star Ginger - stir fry, pho bowls, sushi
- LaFortune Student Center, located on God Quad in the heart of campus, is a 7 minute walk northwest from Duncan Student Center. LaFortune's Huddle Food Court offers:
- Taco Bell
- Pizza Hut
- Legends of Notre Dame is a full-service restaurant and bar located 100 yards south of Duncan Student Center.
- Rohr's is a pub located in The Morris Inn, Notre Dame's on-campus hotel. Rohr's is located 300 yards west of Duncan Student Center.
- Eddy Street Commons is located across the street from Notre Dame's southern edge of campus, about a 15 minute walk south of Duncan Student Center. The Commons offers:
- Jimmy Johns
- Wings Over South Bend
|August 10||First Day of Classes|
|Aug. 26-Sept. 11||Limited On-Campus Recruiting|
|September 14-17||Fall Career Fair|
|Sept. 18-Nov. 12||Limited On-Campus Recruiting|
|September 29||US 2020 Presidential Debate|
|November 12||Last Day of Classes - Last Day for Interviews|