Welcome to Recruiting at Notre Dame
The Meruelo Family Center for Career Development is actively collaborating with employers to support recruiting efforts. Given the impact of COVID-19 on recruiting, we will keep you updated with the latest information on this page. Additional information regarding Notre Dame’s overall coronavirus response can be found at https://coronavirus.nd.edu.
ON-CAMPUS RECRUITING, INTERVIEWS, AND EVENTS
We want employers to meet with our students and are planning to host employers for on-campus recruiting, events, and interviews. We recognize that some employers may have travel restrictions that prevent them from coming to campus and will also make the necessary arrangements for recruiters to connect with students in a virtual environment. Please know that if health and safety considerations necessitate us to transition all interviews and events to a virtual environment, we will help make this happen. You are welcome to schedule fall semester interview dates and/or events through Handshake. Our entire staff will be available to offer any additional support needed to help make this a streamlined process. With the earlier start of the fall semester, we are opening on-campus recruiting on August 17. Please contact your Employer Engagement Manager for details.
OTHER TOPICS OF INTEREST
Were are here to make your recruiting as easy as possible. Two common requests employers have been requesting include:
Switching to virtual interviews in Handshake is easy! Handshake will schedule the time slots, then a team member from the Center for Career Development will set-up the virtual interview.
Industry Specific Resume Books
We can put together resume books based upon the specific fields in which you are interested in hiring.
Engage with Students Virtually
We offer you many ways to connect with students. Here are some of the most common strategies employers have utilized in recent months:
- Conduct Office Hours or Coffee Chats, 15 - 30 minute informational meetings where students sign up to speak with you one-on-one about your organization and/or industry.
- Host a Virtual Information Session and present to a larger group of students (from 10-100) about your organization and available career opportunities.
- Participate in a Round Tables, an informal conversation and networking event with students (from 5-10) to discuss your organization, industry and career opportunities in a smaller group setting.
- Conduct Mock Interviews, educational settings where you can help students prepare for interviews by providing them feedback. These are great opportunities to find potential candidates. We welcome all forms of mock interviews, including behavioral, case, and technical.
- Coordinate a Case Competition, an opportunity for students to work independently or in small team to solve a business problem and demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Participate in an Industry Insight Lecture Series where students can talk with professionals in their field about the industry, how it has changed over the years and career path possibilities.
Please don’t hesitate to contact your Employer Engagement Manager if you have any questions. We are here to help you adapt your recruiting strategies during this challenging time.
We look forward to keeping in touch and working together as we continue to connect you with world-class talent.