Notre Dame's Response to COVID-19
The Meruelo Family Center for Career Development is actively collaborating with employers to support recruiting efforts. Given the impact of COVID-19 on recruiting, we will keep you updated with the latest information on this page. Additional information regarding Notre Dame’s overall coronavirus response can be found at https://coronavirus.nd.edu.
MAY 21, 2020 UPDATE
On May 18, Notre Dame announced the plan to bring students back early to campus this fall with classes starting August 10. Our University leadership is working on developing a protocol to ensure the health and safety of our University community. Some of this protocol may restrict visitors, including our employer partners. Our goal is to connect you in every way possible with our students, with health and safety being a primary consideration.
FALL CAREER FAIR MOVING TO VIRTUAL FORMAT
Due to the size of our fall career fair (traditionally 3,000 students in a confined space meeting with 220+ employers) and recognizing that many employers have already implemented travel restrictions for their recruiters, Notre Dame’s 2020 Fall Career Fair Week will be shifted to a virtual format. Our fair will continue to be held the week of September 14-17, 2020. We are collaborating with campus partners to re-envision the format of the fair and fair-related networking events for employers to connect with students in meaningful ways. More details will be announced on Friday, June 12.
ON-CAMPUS RECRUITING, INTERVIEWS, AND EVENTS
We want employers to meet with our students and are planning to host employers for on-campus recruiting, events, and interviews. We recognize that some employers may have travel restrictions that prevent them from coming to campus and will also make the necessary arrangements for recruiters to connect with students in a virtual environment. Please know that if health and safety considerations necessitate us to transition all interviews and events to a virtual environment, we will help make this happen. You are welcome to schedule fall semester interview dates and/or events (both in-person and/or virtual) through Handshake. Our entire staff will be available to offer any additional support needed to help make this a streamlined process.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
The following are ways we can connect you with our top-tier talent.
Switching to virtual interviews in Handshake is easy! Handshake will schedule the time slots, then a team member from the Center for Career Development will set-up the virtual interview.
Industry Specific Resume Books
We can put together resume books based upon the specific fields in which you are interested in hiring.
Engage with Students Virtually
- Conduct Office Hours/Coffee Chats, 15 - 30 minute informational meetings where students sign up to speak with you one-on-one about your company, the industry, or basic information.
- Host a virtual Info Session and present to a larger group of students (from 10-150) about your organization and available opportunities.
- Hold Round Tables, an informal conversation and networking event with students (from 5-10) to discuss your organization, industry and talent opportunities.
- Conduct Mock Interviews, educational settings where you will virtually conduct a practice interview with a student.
- Help with a Case Study or Technical Mock Interview. This is an opportunity for students to complete a case study or technical challenge and walk through it with a recruiter.
- Participate in an Industry Insight Lecture Series where students can talk with professionals in their field about the industry, how it has changed over the years and the types of roles available.
Please don’t hesitate to contact your Employer Engagement Manager if you have any questions. We are here to help you adapt your recruiting strategies during this challenging time.
We look forward to keeping in touch and working together as we continue to connect you with world-class talent.