Employer Engagement Manager Search
The following information is provided for candidates interested in the Employer Engagement Manager position within the Center for Career Development at the University of Notre Dame.
The Employer Engagement Manager is part of an 8 member Employer Engagement Team within the Center for Career Development. This position reports to the Director of Employer Engagement. The team is responsible for the stewardship of current recruiting partners and development of new relationships and opportunities for the undergraduate and graduate school students at Notre Dame.
This role will work collaborative to fulfill the Center's Mission & Vision:
- Mission: The Center for Career Development prepares students for lifelong career readiness through innovative and tailored programs, services, and strategic partnerships.
- Vision: Empowering students to discern, discover, and pursue meaningful careers to be a force for good in the world.
The Center for Career Development prepares students for lifelong career readiness through innovative and tailored programs, services, and strategic partnerships. Strategic partnerships extend beyond Notre Dame’s campus, as the Employer Engagement team is responsible for cultivating relationships to enhance access to opportunities for meaningful internships and full-time positions after graduation.
The Employer Engagement Manager job duties include the following
- responsible for effective relationship management of employers which currently have established recruiting relationships at the University of Notre Dame. Relationship management not only includes primary recruiting contacts, but also other key individuals, including Notre Dame alumni and parents working at these organizations
- develops a strategic approach to connecting with current employers to advance their on and off- campus recruiting of both undergraduate and graduate students for internships and full-time positions
- facilitates employer inquiries to provide a comprehensive, customer-based solution to meet their recruiting goals
- responsible for expanding recruiting efforts within larger employer organizations which have traditionally hired a limited number of candidates
- collaborates with all Career Development staff, to ensure employers have an unsurpassed recruiting experience, while assisting them in promoting their brands and marketing their internship and full-time opportunities to students
- travels (up to approximately 6 times per year) to meet with employers
STEWARDSHIP OF EXISTING EMPLOYERS: Build relationships via phone, email, on-campus, and virtual efforts with employers who have existing recruiting relationships with the university. Serve as a front-line contact for employers (of assigned industries) with a goal of increasing employer satisfaction and connectivity to the university through recruitment efforts. Engage with employers to increase use of on campus recruiting services and participation in programs to connect with students and build their brand. Follow-up after recruiting visits and conduct bi-annual check-ins, all in an effort to facilitate a high touch relationship. Participate in annual on-site visits at employer locations (in designated industries) across the country to advance a high-touch relationship.
EMPLOYER RELATIONSHIP REVITALIZATION AND ADVANCEMENT: Lead the Center's efforts to examine and utilize data to research and understand strategic needs to revitalize employer relationships which have declined. Leverage existing relationships with employers that currently hire Notre Dame students to identify other aras of the organizations (and applicable hiring managers/individuals of influence) for new areas of growth. Conduct research on designated industries, target companies, target opportunities, etc. to determine what organizations have expansion capabilities and which organizations should be targeted for re-engagement. Travel to locations to meet face-to-face to educate and inform employers about Notre Dame's talented students in an effort to build a recruiting relationship.
COUNSELOR/CONSULTANT SUPPORT: Collaborate with designated counselors and consultants with industry programming related to employers on and off-campus efforts, including career treks and other programs. Ensure counselors/consultants are aware of employer programming and opportunities to support their student outreach. Includes attendance at evening programs and events.
FACILITATION OF EXTERNAL ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Manage recruitment-related inquiries from current employers, potential employers, and alumni, along with referrals from special interest constituencies (e.g. Monogram Club, Advisory Council members, etc.) in an effort to meet the needs of organizations that are interested in offering unique experiences and for job and internship opportunities. Serve as point person to facilitate and process recruiting activities with organizations, in collaboration with and support from other appropriate Career Development staff. Responsibilities include tracking these engagement opportunities and their effectiveness.
SUPERVISION OF EMPLOYER ENGAGEMENT STUDENT EMPLOYEES: Manage and oversee the employer engagement team's student employees responsible for general administrative work. Facilitate and prioritize projects and tasks and oversee directives, concerns and scheduling.
OTHER DUTIES, AS ASSIGNED: Support other members of the Career Development team with presence on-site at major programs (career fairs, networking events, and receptions). Performs other duties as assigned by the Director and other members of the Career Development Leadership Team to ensure the success of the Center, the University, students, and other stakeholders.
About the Center for Career Development
- Notre Dame's Center for Career Development is housed in the new Duncan Student Center on the University of Notre Dame's campus.
- The Center is comprised of the Undergraduate Career Services team, the Graduate Career Services team, the Operations and Events team, and the Employer Engagement team. Also on the 5th floor of the Center is the Graduate Business Career Services office.
- During the 2017-2018 school year the Center
Working at Notre Dame
- Notre Dame (French for "Our Lady," in reference to Mary, Mother of Jesus) is a mission-driven University that was founded by the Congregation of Holy Cross.
- Notre Dame offers a very competitive benefits program which is coordinated through the University's Human Resources department.
- Notre Dame is located near the city of South Bend, Indiana, only a few miles from the Indiana/Michigan border. For more information about the area, visit Notre Dame's community information page.
- To receive consideration for an interview, apply on-line at the Notre Dame Human Resources Job page.
- Application deadline is October 15, 2018.
- A cover letter and resume are required. Letters of recommendation are optional.