Search for Regional Engagement Associates in California
The Center for Career Development prepares students for lifelong career readiness through innovative and tailored programs, services, and strategic partnerships. Strategic partnerships extend beyond Notre Dame’s campus, as the Center’s Employer Engagement team is responsible for cultivating relationships and strategic partnerships to advance student placement into meaningful internships and full-time positions after graduation.
To advance our mission, on-site employer engagement with a regionally-focused Career Development staff member in the state of California has produced results. The Regional Engagement Associate position serves as a relationship cultivator, as well as a direct support person for students interested in work in California.
The Center is currently hiring for two associates: one in the Bay Area and another in Southern California.
The Regional Engagement Associate is responsible for developing and advancing relationships with recruiters, alumni, parents and other influential employees of targeted companies and organizations in areas of interest for Notre Dame students to pursue careers. The Regional Engagement Associate is charged with identifying and advancing placement into internships and career opportunities for all Notre Dame students from all degree levels and in all majors. The Regional Engagement Associate clearly articulates to employers the vision and value of a Notre Dame education, as well as Notre Dame’s top position and status in higher education today.
While reporting through the Employer Engagement team of the Center for Career Development, the Regional Engagement Associate is an integrated role which also supports the efforts of Graduate Business Career Services and the Law School Career Development Office. This Associate is an integral team member in the University’s efforts with the Notre Dame California initiative (for the Associate in the Bay Area, additional support will be provided for efforts related to Notre Dame's Silicon Valley Semester, which is based in Palo Alto).
The Regional Engagement Associate reports to the Talent and Employer Engagement Manager (also based in California). The Associate’s responsibilities include:
- EMPLOYER ENGAGEMENT: Create and leverage an infrastructure that enables networking and employer relationship development in a designated region (Bay Area or Southern California). Research organizations (including for-profit companies and non-profit organizations) of interest to students for career opportunities, establish recruiting relationships to advance placement efforts, and increase the number of job postings (for both internships and full-time positions) for Notre Dame students. Utilize Employer Engagement team on Main Campus to maintain exceptional employer relations with existing recruiters, while also developing new relationships across industry lines.
- ALUMNI CLUB CONNECTIVITY AND COLLABORATION: Connect with Notre Dame Club leadership and alumni in key locations on a regular basis to build relationships with alumni opening avenues to new employer recruitment. Support and attend club-sponsored career development-related events (e.g. career fairs, networking receptions, etc.).
- STUDENT ENGAGEMENT: Serve as a resource for students interested in internship and job opportunities in a designated region (Bay Area or Southern California). Share insight with students on the following topics for the particular region: internship opportunities; full-time opportunities; emerging career fields and industries; and regional information.
- DATA SHARING: Collaborate with the Employer Engagement Team on Main Campus to ensure career opportunities are posted through Go IRISH (job posting system). Create and share electronic resume books for approved recruiters.
- COMMUNICATION AND MEETINGS: Attend tele-remote staff meetings and training sessions with Career Development staff. Engage in meetings with various University partners (faculty, deans, administrators, etc.).
- OTHER DUTIES, AS ASSIGNED: Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and other members of the Career Development Leadership Team to ensure the success of the Center, the University, students, and other stakeholders.
Skills and qualities we are seeking include:
- Experience with employment recruiting, sales, or other relationship-driven work
- Knowledge of the Bay Area and northern California (culture, employment outlook, etc.)
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Understanding and embracement of Notre Dame’s mission
- Demonstrated proficiency in building relationships
- Ability to think organizationally, conceptually, and strategically
- Ability to manage projects and relationships simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Serve as a team player with a positive attitude across four departments with distinct responsibilities
This position works on a flexible schedule with an average of 15 hours per week. Due to the cycle of student recruitment and needs for employer engagement, some weeks may dictate few (or no) hours per week, while approximately 3 weeks per year will have up to 30 hours of work to support student treks (student trips to California to meet employers on-site). The position’s work schedule will be set by an agreement between the employee and supervisor.
please note: this is a part-time position that does not have a benefits package associated with it.
To receive consideration for an interview, apply on-line at the Notre Dame Human Resources job posting site:
- Regional Engagement Associate for the Bay Area
- Regional Engagement Associate for Southern California
A cover letter and resume are required to apply for the position. The application deadline is Tuesday, November 27, 2018, and a review of candidates will begin immediately upon receipt of applications.
Identifying Possible Candidates
These unique opportunities provide alumni, parents, and supporters of Notre Dame who care passionately about supporting student career development. If you know someone who you believe may be interested in these roles, please complete our brief referral form, and our staff will contact the individual to share information about the opportunity.
About the Center for Career Development
Notre Dame's Center for Career Development is located in the Duncan Student Center on Notre Dame's campus. The Center is comprised of four Student Affairs departments: Undergraduate Career Services, Graduate Career Services, Operations and Event Services, and Employer Engagement. Graduate Business Career Services is also located in the Center for Career Development.